Please contact us via email if you are interested in volunteering.
Here's some examples of projects we could use help with:
- online advocacy for nature .. i.e. Non-litter educating, insect and native habitat support, driving interested parties to this site, advocating care for nature and making it cool to care, etc...
- native wildflower/grass seed planting/spreading in places you feel wont be mowed or on your own land. Even in pots on a balcony is a good thing if you don't have a backyard etc. Guerrilla planting in places around where you live though is also possible .. (please send us the before and after shots or just the progress so we can post it on the site here)
- Guerrilla Community Awareness education and hand out campaigns.
- Trash pick up at parks etc ...
- Cut up paper/cardboard/junk mail etc for soil augmentation and mulch - video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv41l_kZ0PE
- Drilling holes (1/2" or 3/8" size, about 3 inches deep) in logs or wood blocks for native bee egg chambers - video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3w3cyx93o
Additional info on creating bee habitats that we will find homes for or you can install where you live and please send us a photo of it! - http://www.xerces.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nests_for_native_bees_fact_sheet_xerces_society.pdf
- We can always use good quality soil and mulch if you have any excess ... waste wood also that we can build bee homes etc with.
- If you have any waste wood or see cut trees or branches on the curb for disposal we may be able to use them